Europe is a great place to visit in Spring. Though the weather may still be a bit chilly in some places, a lack of overcrowded destinations and lower prices are enough to make most any traveler happy to visit this time of year. Home to a number of the most popular destinations for travel including the city of Paris, Rome, and others, it is easy to see why tens of millions of travelers choose countries throughout Europe each and every year.
A history which dates back to Antiquity, Europe offers visitors the opportunity to truly experience the beginning of man. From the legends of Greece to the castles of Ireland and everything in between, the only difficult about visiting Europe is choosing where to start.
While deciding where to begin, getting around is a much simpler part of planning. With a very well developed rail system and the ability to pass from country to country without so much as batting an eye and flashing a passport, getting around Europe is generally limited only by your time.
Generally divided by region, they include:
- The Adriatic Coast – The Western Seaboard including Italy, Croatia, San Marion, Slovenia and Montenegro.
- Baltic States – Including Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania, this area is growing in popularity.
- Carpathians – The largest mountain range in Europe, it includes Bulgaria, Romania and Poland
- Islands and Archipelagos – More than just a mainlands, the islands of Europe include Finland, Sweden, Malta and thousands more within 18 European countries
- Rhine Valley – One of the greatest rivers in Europe, this region includes Switzerland Austria and Germany.
- Atlantic Coast – This region includes the lovely and historic countries of Iceland, Ireland, Spain, and Portugal.
- Benelux – This region includes the countries of Belgium and Luxembourg and is a culture all its own.
- Central Europe includes the countries of Slovakia, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, as well as Germany, Poland, Austria and Hungary.
- The Mediterranean – Unlike any other, the Mediterranean is filled with stunning beauty which includes the countries of Greece, Slovenia, Italy, Monaco, Spain, Malta, Italy, Greece, Cyprus and Turkey.
- Scandinavia is known for its dramatic views and includes the countries of Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland and Norway.
- The Balkans – A famous region in the southeast part of Europe, it includes the countries of Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Croatia, Romania, Montenegro, Serbia, Bulgaria and Greece.
- The Black Sea – This region is home to Turkey, Romania and Bulgaria and straddles Europe and Asia making it a unique blend of east and west.
- Iberian Peninsula – This is the southwestern tip of Europe and includes Spain, Portugal, Andorra and Gibraltar.
- The North Sea – Included the countries of France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Norway and the British Islands.
- The Alps – Famous for beauty, the alps region includes Austria, Germany, Italy, Slovenia and Switzerland.
Bill Bailey Travel services includes offering traveler tips, reviews and information on travel to amazing worldwide destinations.