Travel Safety Tips From Bill Bailey
Traveling abroad tends to take a bit more planning on your part. As an informed traveler, it is important to be aware of the tips on security and safety that will help you have an enjoyable vacation. Bill Bailey Travel Club invites you to learn some of the tips that will help you travel abroad safely. Make the most of your vacations with Bill Bailey Travel Club.
Avoiding Crime While Traveling Abroad
The most important aspect of travel abroad is your safety. In order to protect yourself from becoming a victim and having no recourse Bill Bailey Travel Club would like to offer you some tips on protecting yourself while traveling abroad.
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program – A free online resource found at travel.state.gov. Allows the government the ability to contact you in case of emergency. Note: your information will not be released to anyone without express written consent from you in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- Look at travel insurance – This may or may not be something you would like. Many insurance companies will actually cover you when traveling abroad. Check with your insurance company to see if you are covered in case of emergency.
- Carry of copy of your passport – You may lose or have your passport stolen, as such not only should you carry your passport, but you should also have a copy on hand in a safe place in case something happens to the original.
- Travel in large groups – Never travel in unfamiliar areas by yourself. By traveling in groups, you help protect yourself and can avoid getting into precarious positions while traveling abroad.
- Remember to leave contact information (i.e., email address or phone number) with family and friends so they can get in touch with you abroad. – A copy of your itinerary, contact numbers and the name of where you are staying are all good to leave with a trusted friend or family member back home.
- Contact the police immediately and report it if you are victimized. – Make sure you know where the police stations are and that you can communicate with those who could help you in case you become a victim.
- Be aware of your surroundings and avoid social distractions – Don’t walk around with your face in a book or with headset on, you are making yourself an easy target.
- Be extra careful when using public transportation abroad – Keep your valuables close to your body. If someone does try to take something, let them have it, it isn’t worth your safety.
- Get sound security advice by contacting your embassy or consulate – The US operates consulates and embassies in almost every country. Know where it is located in case of emergency.
Bill Bailey Travel Club encourages you to be aware of how to travel safely while traveling abroad. Your safety is ultimately in your hands when traveling, as such it is important to be an informed traveler. Make the most of your next vacation abroad by knowing more about your destination and how to travel safely with Bill Bailey Travel Club.