Making The Most Of Your Next Vacation
The key to making the most of any vacation is planning. To help you become a more informed traveler, we invite you to review some of the best travel tips for the year. Be prepared, know what to do, make the most of and enjoy all your vacations more with some helpful travel tips from William Bailey.
Top Ten William Bailey Travel Tips
- Take advantage of flight notifications – on your email, tablet, smart phone or computer, flight notifications can save you time and money when you travel.
- Take advantage of the knowledge of others – While much about your trip will be subject to opinions, getting the scoop from others more familiar with any area can be key to a successful trip.
- Be smart when you travel – Don’t advertise you are a tourist or that you are traveling. Posting your trip before you go on social media is a bad idea as is dressing and acting like a tourist in popular tourist destinations, you are likely to become a target of thieves.
- Look at new ways to travel – don’t limit your vacations to what you are used to. Get out and try something new when you travel.
- Be flexible to save money on flights – Being flexible with your travel dates can save you hundreds on flights. Avoid weekends and consider Tuesdays and Wednesdays when you travel.
- Watch the time- From when you travel to when you go to eat or even visit popular attractions, the time of day does indeed matter. Avoid the peak times to save money and avoid hassles.
- Take a break – Layovers can save you a bundle on flights. While they can be inconvenient, they are also usually the least expensive flights.
- See lesser known destinations – While you may want to see the most popular sites, it is also a fun way to enjoy a destination by getting to know the lesser known tourist sites as well. Talk to the locals, try out the free sites and enjoy all aspects of your destination.
- Use common sense – If an area looks dangerous, avoid it. Don’t travel at night alone and never accept drinks from strangers. Just a few of the things to consider when dealing with your safety, keep your wits about you and use common sense.
- Don’t bring anything you are unwilling to lose – This is especially important when checking luggage. Though the odds are in your favor, there is no reason to risk it.